The unspoken language, the one that can attract or turn away people. In this blog post, we will be going in depth on how you can use body language to your advantage and learning simple tricks to catch the attention of others.

Body language has always been around even before the creation of speech (apparently the grunts and waves were all cavemen needed to communicate.) Non-verbal communication is imperative to being social, it gives direction to your words and intent to your declarations. We as social people use this hidden language in everything we do and the most successful social people know how to use it to their advantage.
A study done in Silent Messages by Dr. Albert Mehrabian, currently Professor Emeritus of Psychology at University of California Los Angeles, found that “7% of any message is conveyed through words, 38% through certain vocal elements, and 55% through nonverbal elements (facial expressions, gestures, posture, etc).” Altogether the nonverbal communication part makes up 93% of human speech. This study was conducted on the emotions and feeling that people feel when conveying body language.
So let’s think about this…
If you have never paid close attention to your non-verbal skills and only focused on your words that means you only have 7% control over what you are doing. You are letting your subconscious be in control over the way you talk and react to others.
Don’t worry I plan on helping you out. Here are three of many ways to take back control of who you want to be and how others perceive you.

Eye Contact

Facial Expression

Tone of Voice

Strengthen Eye Contact

A recent UK study found that participants found photos of people who are smiling and looking directly at you to be the most attractive, and the very same faces were found to be less attractive when looking away or off to the side.” – Ph.D Carol Kinsey Goman

This helps you in dating and the workplace. Looking in someone’s eyes provides the other person with a sense of calm and security – you are someone to be trusted.

Fix Your Face

Smiling is proven to make you feel better and make you more attractive. So even when you feel sad or mad, smile! Also, did you know that not just laughing but smiling as well makes you live longer? Check out these Life Hacks to learn more!

Tone It Up

The way we say things can have different meanings take this example from

I didn’t say he borrowed my book.

didn’t say he borrowed my book.

I didn’t say he borrowed my book.

I didn’t say he borrowed my book.

I didn’t say he borrowed my book.

I didn’t say he borrowed my book.

I didn’t say he borrowed my book.

Emphasizing different words can imply different meanings and that is just emphasis. So pay attention to where you place your emphasis and make sure you are controlling the tone of what you say. This may take some practice.
There you have it, ways to take back control of your own body language. Communicate effectively and don’t be the fool who fumbles over his words.
Jewels Clark